In Saints vs. Scoundrels Dr. Benjamin Wiker invites you to interact not just with the ideas that have shaped history, but with the people who created and spread those ideas. By reading this collection of lively and imaginative conversations between the great truth-tellers and the great error-peddlers of history, you will come to appreciate the personalities behind the "Great Conversation" that has shaped western civilization.
These people may have never met in real life, but the ideas they represent and the movements they started have interacted throughout history and shaped our present. How fascinating would it be if they had ever shared a living room? This is the question Dr. Wiker answers with deep research and dynamic storytelling. Enjoy this unique opportunity to join the conversation!
Here you will read:
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau debating St. Augustine
- Niccolo Machiavelli debating St. Francis of Assisi
- Ayn Rand debating Flannery O'Connor
- Henry VIII debating St. Thomas More
- Friedrich Nietzsche debating Edith Stein